Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bisbee and His Nine Lives...

Well, we've used about six lives this past week. I'm a little off topic but our adventures with Bisbee (our black standard poodle) take precedence.
Since early January, we have been helping Bisbee recuperate from surgery. (Bisbee was unlucky enough to be diagnosed with toe cancer, which unfortunately is common in black standard poodles). The operation was fairly successful, and we were trying to look ahead positively to his chances of survival, as many dogs don't see the cancer metastisizing. We were coping with all this when Bisbee threw us another curve and landed back in the hospital with pancreatitis. Then, yesterday, he showed weakness in limbs...requiring another round of tests for another problem. We'll get those test results next week.
We brought Bisbee home today, to wait for these test results. You never know....maybe the limb weakness will go away.
In the spirit of spring training (coming soon to Tucson), I'll say that life is full of curve balls. It's also full of home runs so I'll end with that and hope for the best for our Bisbee. Here he is with Leigh, can you see him in the shadows of a pretty Tucson sunset?

5 comments:

James Boehme said...

Welcome home Bisbee.........

Leigh said...

Thanks Monica. I couldn't have said it better myself.

stevesurf said...

Hang in there Monica, Leigh, Bisbee and Brett! I can't wait to see him playing tug o' war again...

Let's all stay positive and believe in the magicof the black poodle!

jennifer said...

I wish Bisbee a speedy recovery and hope you and Leigh are holding up well. Please let me know if I can be of any help, you know how I love Bisbee!

Anonymous said...

Bisbee is better every day...beautiful Bisbeexxx