From her neatly-sewn turquoise fabric fins and finely-threaded eyes down to her very impressive upper torso, I love Ms. Mermaid. She dangles from my desk lamp pull-chain and smiles as I work. Beyond her form and color I am taken with what she seems to be telling me. So let me share her message with you:
- Be daring in your quest for life. If you hide behind the covers you'll never see the sunshine.
- When you're out there on your own, completely vulnerable to the world, remember to smile even though you're half-naked.
- And if you meet up with someone with their b____ hanging out, don't get distracted. People may hide behind flamboyant exteriors, often just out of insecurity.
- When you're comfortably stuck in shades of black, treat yourself to a wild palette of orange and turquoise. Discover the benefits of new, crazy combinations.
- The smallest objects contain amazing messages. Take the time to study details in the big picture.
- Humor is an essential ingredient. We can't take ourselves too seriously all of the time.
That's my philosophy for the day. Thanks to Peggy for friendship. For the gift of unexpected humor. And for such a crafty, colorful, endowed mermaid!