- Buy something local.
- Pick up a piece of litter every day.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper to support an important comunity project.
- Help a local school, what can I teach a younger generation?
- Plant a tree (native) or shrub or plant in an area in need of improvement.
- Promote the good works of a local businesses.
- Fix something instead of buying new.
- Organize a gathering of neighbors, family or friends, just for sake of community.
- Recycle something.
- Do something to beautify your community. Even if it is pruning your plants in front yard!
- Donate something or dispose of it properly.
Volunteer at a senior residence and respect the older generation.
- Keep your local government officials accountable.
- Support your library.
- Read about a resource and pass it on.
- Believe in something (a good cause, of course) and stand up for it.
- Be kind to wildlife and the biodiversity of our environment.
- If you can help a neighbor, even if it is just to extend a positive comment, do so.
- Conserve energy in your home or workplace. Turn those lights off when not in use.
- Don't waste one drop of water.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
What will you do to improve community today?
Wrote this a long, long time ago. It's still something I look at, to help remind me of little steps I can take today to help my community be livable. My top 20 list of little steps: