Friday, January 4, 2008

Everyone Loves a Knit Washcloth...

...And I love to knit these pretty, useful cloths. Using only the softest organic cotton, I knit on autopilot, allowing my mind to relax. Soon, a sturdy square emerges, one that I can embellish, tie with vintage scrap fabric, or embroider. For a holiday gift I tried some red-white striped organic cotton for a knitted kitchen cloth. For those days you need quick and lovely projects to divert you from stresses, try knitting a washcloth for a friend (like this blue one, knit for a friend's baby)....

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Monica, are these beautiful clothes for sale? Love that blue color and texture.
Leigh

jennifer said...

For Christmas I received a few new wash cloth patterns, still easy, for "auto pilot", but pretty!
I will scan and email soon.
Good knitting Monica!
-Jennifer