Friday, May 2, 2008

Southwest-inspired surprise balls, handmade and full of fun

Do you enjoy surprise balls? Do you remember them from your childhood or as holiday gifts? They can be pretty balls of wonder, with magical tiny treasures inside. Here is one of my surprise balls, this one covered in vintage fabric pieces (and soon to be tied with ribbons and an interesting charm).

My friend Peggy (who also creates beautiful purses) connected me with a wonderful woman downtown who has lovely milagros and paper flowers....so this surprise ball contains milagros as well as buttons (vintage and Italian-crafted) and a piece of local turquoise. I like fashioning the ball out of repurposed fabric pieces and papers -- is this therapy or art?

Soon I'll have my website so visitors may purchase the surprise balls, collectibles or other handmade items or gift baskets. In the meantime, please contact me if you're interested in a surprise ball made in the sonoran southwest!

No comments: